Monday, January 7, 2019

'Twas the Day of the Natty

College football fans far and wide, the fateful day is upon us. As you may know by now, my blood runneth orange for my dear alma mater and I think I can speak for almost all Clemson fans when I say being in a national championship game again for the third time in four years still feels like something of a fairy tale. As we go through today with our hopes high and our fingers crossed, I offer a national championship hope-for-glory spin on an old classic:


'Twas the Day of the Natty

'Twas the day of the natty and all through the land,
Hearts were racing for Clemson Tiger fans;
Jerseys and orange and Tiger print they would wear,
Tiger paws and "All In" over here and out there;
Excited for game day, they sprang from their beds;
While visions of championships danced in their heads;
Players in orange pants, and fans in the stands,
Waiting for game time, Tiger rags in our hands.
When there on the field there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my seat to see what was the matter.
Away to the endzone, that ball flew like a flash,
Caught in the hands of Hunter Renfrow, that check you can cash.
And even though there was still more game time to go,
I had a good feeling the Crimson Tide would not roll.
When what to my wondering eyes did appear,
But our mighty defense, with Christian Wilkins so dear.
Those Tigers they played with such a fierce might
I knew in a moment we must win this fight.
As the game clock ticked down to a magical stop
Referees blew their whistles, the Tigers on top!
"Now, Etienne! now, Feaster! now Lawrence and crew!
On, Higgins! on, Bryant! on, Huegel, all of you!
Douse Dabo with Gatorade and that trophy, you raise!
We'll have a parade, and a party, and celebrate for days!"
As confetti will fall and the cheers still arise,
Our players will dance, grown men will have tears in their eyes;
Sing the alma mater proudly, this job's been done well,
Raise your hands to the heavens, and all Tigers yell:
As we brag and exclaim to all within sight:
Fight, Tigers, fight Tigers, fight, fight, fight!



Let's go, Tigers! Have fun, win the closer!



4 comments:

  1. GO TIGERS ALL THE WAY. GREAT READ. FIGHT TIGERS FIGHT. YOU CAN DO THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's get this done! ALL IN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid this one's a fantasy. RTR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always I loved your blog. Goooo TIGERS!!! Bring home the CHAMPIONSHIP.🐯

    ReplyDelete

Remember: brains and looks will only take you so far, but flattery will get you everywhere.