Monday, April 27, 2020

Party Like It's COVID 19-99

I don't know about you, but having reached the one-month mark of the stay-at-home order here in North Carolina, I'm getting more than a little stir crazy. We haven't been able to go out for dinner, to a movie, or out for much of anything except walking the dog and all of our social plans have been cancelled. Sure, we have enjoyed some outdoor chats with neighbors, and we have been staying in touch with friends by phone, but it's just not the same. Mercifully, two of our friends came over Saturday for some much needed quality time. We kept a reasonable distance and made sure to be cautious about spreading germs, but having a sense of normalcy again was amazing.

Just to be on the safe side, I divided my Mexican layer dip into individual serving dishes.
Ain't nobody got time for cross contamination.

Personal size charcuterie plates, anyone?

All set up for a fun afternoon with actual other people! Company's coming!
I made sure to leave plenty of pandemic elbow room.

A pitcher of margaritas and, in the spirit of the occasion, some Corona beer.

Let's party like it's COVID 19-99.

The dogs don't do social distancing...thank goodness.
At times like these, we need all the puppies we can get.

This is Charlie with his friend Barkley. These two provided us with lots of entertainment.
Believe me when I say that a good time was had by ALL.

The weather cooperated, our dogs played their little hearts out, and we sipped and snacked and talked and laughed. It was good medicine. I feel like we are starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel, and I can't wait until afternoons like these happen more often than not. In the meantime, I recommend that you invite a few people to come over (but not too close), make up a self serve drink station and some safely plated appetizers, and party like it's COVID 19-99!




1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love those napkins! Pour me a marg!

    ReplyDelete

Remember: brains and looks will only take you so far, but flattery will get you everywhere.