Thursday, January 3, 2013

Belle on Wheels

Has anyone ever given you a really fantastic gift "just because?" Do you get amazing "I love you gifts" for no other reason? Yeah, me neither. Until New Year's Eve. Better late than never, and if it only happens once, I will take it.

You see, my husband, who at the time of blog publication is being referred to as honey, sweetie, precious, darling, planned a great New Year's Eve for us this year. He took me to the car dealership and got me (please say this aloud in your best game show host voice): A NEW CAR!

New Year, new wheels!



The interior is nicer than my living room. Seriously. I'm barely tech savvy enough to drive it.



We all know that happy wife equals happy life. An ecstatic wife will get you a get-out-of-jail-free card until the new car smell wears off. You want to watch football, dear? Go right ahead. Snoring? It happens to the best of us...sweet dreams, snookums. You made a mess and didn't clean it up? Watch it...it's a car, not a miracle worker.

If anyone needs me, I am probably out driving. Or sitting in the car. Or sleeping in the car.

It looks like 13 might just be my lucky number. Beep, beep!

3 comments:

  1. I love this!!! HAHA!!!......I LOVE your new ride, as well!!!! Congrats!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a perfect gift from your husband for New Year. Who wouldn’t be happy to receive a brand new car, right? I’m pretty sure you’re excited to drive it and show it off to your friends and family. Good start for the year 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. “New Year, new wheels!” Awesome! Looks like we are in the same situation! I bought a new car this year as a gift to myself. It is a Chevy Volt. But I think it’s more thrilling if I received it as a gift from someone, just like yours, right? I’m pretty sure you were very thrilled when your husband took you to a car dealership.

    ReplyDelete

Remember: brains and looks will only take you so far, but flattery will get you everywhere.